Have Your Hair Extension Fixed by a Certified Pro at Monaco Salon in Tampa
If your hair extensions are uncomfortable or causing hair breakage, even if you purchased your extensions at another salon, Monaco Salon can help. Properly fitted and installed, your hair extensions should look and feel fantastic! No one should know you're wearing hair extensions, and there should be no visible bonds. The extensions, their texture, and their color should all blend in seamlessly with your natural hair.
As hair extensions increase in popularity, there are a growing number of salons offering hair extension services by hairdressers that have little or no training. This is one of the reasons why so many women have poorly fitted hair extensions that either look unnatural or cause damage to the hair. Hair extensions will look natural and won't damage your hair if applied correctly by a certified technician.
At Monaco Hair Salon in Tampa we explain the importance of professional application and removal of your hair extensions by our expert hair extension stylist. If you have problems with your hair extensions speak to one of our hair artists for advice on correcting the problem, we are always happy to help.
How to know if your hair extensions are poorly fitted and in need of correction:
- Hair extensions feel tight and cause scalp tenderness
- A visible line of attachments around the top of the head where the extensions have not been blended with the natural hair.
- Your hair extensions look straggly because not enough hair extensions have been applied.
- Hair looks tangled or frizzy in spots because poor quality hair has been used and the cuticles are not all facing the same direction.
- The bonds or wefts are visible because they have been improperly placed
- The colors don't blend together because the extensions weren't properly colored or color matched to your hair.
Can hair extensions cause damage to my hair?
By not having your hair extensions applied correctly, breakage and damage can occur to your scalp and hair. It is important to make sure the technician uses an attachment method that is tailored to your specific hair type. Here's what can cause breakage or damage:
- Using bulky or heavy extensions on thin or delicate hair
- Incorrect or poor application by an inexperienced technician.
- Poor quality or unsafe hair extensions application method.
- Failure to follow the home care guidelines and not looking after the extensions correctly.
Should my hair extensions be fitted by a certified hairdresser?
The short answer is yes! If your hairdresser is not qualified your appointment could turn into a hair extension disaster. Ranging from a bad color match, cheap hair, and two bonds applied to one section of hair to save time, no after care advice, all resulting in shocking hair extensions. Long term wearers of hair extensions suffer from thinning and broken hair due to bad application.
Removal of Hair Extensions
You should never try to remove your hair extensions on your own, unless of course they are clip-in extensions designed to be applied and removed easily at home. Tape in extensions and bonded extensions should only be removed at a qualified salon. Removal of a full head can be safely achieved in 30 minutes. The removal of your hair extensions is extremely important and if not done correctly can cause serious damage to the natural hair, care and attention to the removal is imperative.